DancEscapade is a three day dance getaway on the Greek island of Crete, that aims to bring dancers together who share a common love for movement, nature, culture, amazing food and sun and fun.
Enrollments are now open via the form below – Limited number of participants!
This unique collaboration between Bellydance Superstar Boženka, who hosts this project in her home studio by the sea, and Belgian Superstar Khalida, who is sought out for teaching Oriental style as well as other disciplines fused into her classes, brings together an array of dancers from all over Europe. A weekend of working on technique, sharing dance performances and meeting new friends is what it is all about.
Multi-levels of dance training meld together to form an incredible atmosphere of learning and understanding. Group discussions are part of the curriculum too, allowing it to be an unforgettable and intimate experience. We welcome dancers from all walks of life to join our community of those who find joy in dance.
An inspiring break in a wonderful place – We can dance with amazing teachers and rest on the beach.
– Marie-Fleur, France
The DancEscapade Weekend Includes:
- A sunset welcome drink by the beach/studio on Thursday evening
- 12+ Hours of high quality dance and movement classes at Boženka’s Studio by the Sea
- Daily vegetarian lunches at the studio on class days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Hafla/ Studio party with optional performance opportunity on Saturday
- Airport pickups and dropoffs on Thursday 21st and Monday 25th May 2020 respectively.
- 575,- Euros (Payment plan available on request)
- Friday-Saturday-Sunday 22-23-24 May, 2020
Teachers DCP 2020
Boženka (Cuba/ USA)
Boženka is a world renowned dancer, performing and instructing in over 50 countries.
Her 20 year dance career highlights include touring with Bellydance Superstars, being choreographer to pop star Shakira and directing her own dance school in Miami, Florida before permanently residing in Greece.
She is a mentor to many professional dancers worldwide, including Khalida, whom she has taken as a partner for this unique project.
Khalida (Belgium/ Germany)
Khalida is a multi-award winning performer and international instructor, born in Belgium, living in Germany. She is an experienced workshop teacher who deeply enjoys collaborating with artists from different fields.
She is sought out for not only her Oriental dance instruction but also for infusing her classes with experience from other movement disciplines, ranging from classical Ballet to body mechanics, performance theory and Martial Arts.
- Enrollment fee (180 Euro) is payable via bank transfer or paypal after enrollment via the form below.
- Remaining balance (395 Euro) is to be paid in cash, on the first day of arrival at the DCP event.
There can be no refunds for this event. In exceptional circumstances we will allow a transfer of your enrollment in case you find another participant who is willing and able to take your place.
Enrollments are now open via the form below. Limited spots available!
Accommodation & Travel Tips
- Destination Airports on Crete are CHQ (Chania) and HER (Heraklion)
- A list of DancEscapade-approved and recommended hotels/ B&Bs will be added soon
- Tip: As part of the DancEscapade experience, we are happy to – if you wish – still assist you in finding transport to/from the airport in case your travel dates fall outside of the DCP-included ones (see above).
Pictures of our previous DancEscapade editions:
We look forward to welcoming you in Crete!